Secure Quizzing Tips for Examity and Respondus Tools
- Keep your software updated.
This includes browsers, plugins, operating system updates, and application updates.
- Disable Firewalls and Antivirus Software.
You may need to disable your firewall software or antivirus software to take your secure quiz. Some of these software suites will interfere with secure quizzing protocols.
- Keep LockDown Browser updated.
You can check your version by clicking on "About" or "i" in the toolbar. Update whenever possible to use the latest software.
- Keep your Flash PPAPI plugin updated.
Respondus Monitor requires this specific plugin and it must be up to date.
- Do a system and webcam check in LockDown Browser in the Help Center.
Do this prior to taking a quiz. To access Help Center, launch LockDown Browser from your desktop, login to BOLT, navigate to a course, and click on "Help Center" in the toolbar.
- Stay on schedule for Examity.
Make sure to register with Examity early, and schedule your exam ahead of your exam date. You will have a clear window of time to complete this in order to take your exam.